Maybe one of my new intentions should be to blog before we are well into the second week of each month!
Happy April, y’all. Can you believe we are already a quarter into 2014?! I am thrilled to say goodbye to winter and hel-looooo to spring.
I had a great time working on my March intentions:
- “Return to Ready”: This was tougher than I expected! But, there is something very energizing about having a room ready to enjoy again before you leave it. I prefer more small cleanings as opposed to big ones after the clutter has taken over completely.
- Drink more water: Went well! It’s probably silly, but I attribute the extra water intake thanks to a cute plastic tumbler I got for $2.50 at Hobby Lobby. Whatever gets the job done!
- Photograph more Daily Sessions – Yes!!! I have two booked in upcoming weeks and I couldn’t be more excited. Contact me if you’d like more information about one for your family!
Now, onto April!
(I love all of her designs!)
- Meditate daily. Don’t worry, I’m not breaking out the incense and chanting-monk music anytime soon (though I did go through a short-lived “incense is so cool” phase in 7th grade…strange). However, I do want to bring a little more physical and mental calm to my life. It’s so easy to forgo breaks these days! There’s always something else you should be doing, reading, writing, planning…and it’s tiresome. I think we could all benefit from breathing deeply and sitting in silence while doing absolutely NOTHING else. No checking of phones, no mentally going through the ever-long to-do list. Simply sitting and letting whatever thoughts come into our heads do just that – come in, and then let them go. Maybe you will join me in this! I really love the Calm.com app to guide me away from other distractions…it’s free!
- Take product photos and blog about them. This has been on my list for a while. I love the photography products that I offer, but I haven’t done a great job about showing them off to my clients!
- Share more love on ‘The Internets’. Whether you are a shop/business owner or a blogger, there is always a twinge of excitement when someone posts a complimentary comment on your site. I mean, who doesn’t like to feel valued? I plan to comment a bit more and be a cheerleader for as many people as I can. Goooooooooo team!
- Research more about our France trip. Oh yes! The hubs and I are heading to southern France for a big vacay next month!!! We are super-excited, yet need to have a better idea of what exactly we want to do in the cities we are visiting….other than eat croissants and soak up the sun, that is. If you’ve been to the French Riviera before, I’d love to know some must-sees you can recommend!
- Send out a spring newsletter. I’m usually pretty on top of these, but winter seems to have flown by without me realizing it. Moms out there – be checking your inboxes for an announcement about a fun Mother’s Day event I’ll be hosting next month!
Thanks for reading today! I’ll be linking up (late, yes) over on The Tiny Twig if you’d like to read what other bloggers are working toward this month!